The ‘Gift of Truth’ Topic Gateway
Many More Topics Than Those Related To Christian Unity in DiversityAre Promoted On This Website
See Below for the Gateway to Other Gift of Truth Topics
The main reason this website founded by Donum Veritatis – The Gift of Truth Ministries and run by The Institute for Promoting The Gift of Truth is called Christian Unity in Diversity Central is because Jesus Himself emphasized the unity of His Church and linked unity closely with the success of His Church’s mission to “let the world know” of His Love “so that the world may believe” (John 17:20-23). More and more Protestant/ Evangelical Christians, in their literally tens of thousands of separated denominations, are joining in larger “umbrella organizations” and participating in ecumenical activity with other Christians due to increased awareness of the importance of a unified Church in the face of an increasingly secularized world. For similar reasons, all Catholic Christians have been directed by their Church’s highest authority “to recognize the signs of the times and to take an active and intelligent part in the work of ecumenism” because “The restoration of unity among all Christians is one of the principal concerns of the Second Vatican Council” (the 21st Ecumenical Council/ Vatican II, UR 4,1) – See Vatican II Implementation.
But there are many other issues and topics which are important for Christians to understand better in order to better be “salt and light” in the world, in order to better be the Body of Christ, the hands and feet of Jesus, reaching out more effectively to the whole world.
Being “the Light to the World” that Draws People to the Beauty of Jesus and “the Salt of the Earth” that Makes People Thirsty for what we have in Jesus
Many people know that in the ancient world, salt was used as a food preservative, so Jesus’ calling Christians to be “salt” in the world as well as the “light” that draws people to the beauty of Jesus Christ means that Christians are meant to preserve the world of human beings from decay, from being spoiled by sin and evil. Salt makes things taste better and we Christians are meant to make life on earth better, more fulfilling, for everyone. But salt also produces thirst, and as the “salt of the earth” Christians are meant to live lives which make other people thirsty for what we have because we love Jesus and have been adopted by His Father and indwelt by His Holy Spirit. Not all Christians live their Christian lives at a level of spiritual maturity in love that produces thirst for what they have in those around them. This Christian education ministry website is intended to help inform and inspire Christians to more effectively be the “salt of the earth” as Jesus called us to be.
Though many of the “other topics” still have some bearing on Christian unity in diversity, this page is intended as a “Gateway” to the other topics dealt with on this website, for those who are less interested in Christian unity at this time.
Gateway to Other Gift of Truth Topics
- Revolutionizing Your Bible Reading
- God’s Integral Place in Science: Unmasking the Enlightenment Myth of the Opposition of Science & Faith (And Revealing the Strong Judeo-Christian Roots of Science)
- Christian Spirituality and the Call to Maturity in Faith & Holiness
- The Beauty and Reasonableness of Traditional Christian Faith
- Transforming Culture for Jesus
- other topics about the Gift of Truth entrusted to Christ’s Church, which, embraced, brings the life-changing Love, power, peace and joy of Jesus!
Topics from Selected Books or Chapters Published on this Site
- The Trinity of Love: The Beating Heart Which Drives the Whole Story of the Bible and the Church
- Understanding the “Profound Mystery” Revealed in the Bible (Ephesians 5:22-32) of the Church as the Body of Christ
- How Human Families and Human Individuals are “Made in the Image and Likeness of God”
- Adam and Jesus Versus the Dragon
- Reborn Jewish Christianity: Messianic Jews and Hebrew Catholics
- Who is Mary in the Church?
- The First “Great Schism” of Christianity and its Precedent in Division and in Healing
- Deciphering the “Language Barrier” Which Causes Unnecessary Misunderstandings Between Protestant and Catholic Christians Concerning the Marian Doctrines and “The Communion of Saints,” Icons and Relics (And Purgatory, Which Evangelicals Believe in but Call by Another Name)
- The Spread of the Gospel of Jesus Christ in the First Millennium of the Undivided Early Church
- The Details of the Early Church Formation of the Canon of the Bible, and how Protestant and Catholic Christians Have Used the Bible Canon Since
- What is the Catholic Church?
- The History of the Papacy in relation to Christian Unity in Diversity in the First Millennium of the Undivided Early Church
Go To Mission Statement
Go To Creed
© 2009 Peter William John Baptiste, SFO